Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Women in Science Infographic

I had this infographic sent my way via email the other day. If you've been here before you may have noticed that every now and then I have something to say about women in science, or working in a male dominant field. Check out this infographic for some of the stats.


Source: mashable.com via Sara on Pinterest


Do you work in a male dominant field? Do you ever have concerns about your gender holding you back? Have you made career choices based on accessibility to mat-leave or child care?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not in the sciences, but I'm still more likely to work with men than women. I tried to create a more flexible work policy at my last full-time job and quit when they didn't agree. I don't know if that sent a message or just messed it up for the next female applicant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, this is not a trend that is only science specific! Good for you for putting yourself out there, and working towards a more flexible policy and sticking to your guns about it. I hope it left a sense that they should value their female employees better! thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...